Home » Posts tagged 'Hoverboard'
Tag Archives: Hoverboard
One of the biggest Christmas gifts this season could also be one of the most dangerous. It’s the coveted Hoverboard. While it’s cool to be cruising around town in style it’s not cool to have your Hoverboard catch fire while using it. If you insist on getting a Hoverboard this holiday season there are a few things you should know:
- Please take the time to look at and research the product you buy. If it is compliant with federal standards, inspections, and certifications, it will have a mark on it or indicate such on its packaging, on the device itself, or on its charging equipment. Devices not bearing a mark indicating compliance likely have not been tested to meet minimum safety standards.
- After you have use your Hoverboard please give the device time to cool off prior to charging.
- When charging the battery please make sure you follow the manufacturers instructions.
- When riding your Hoverboard please wear safety gear.
- If the Hoverboard seems to be acting “funny” while you are riding it please turn it off right away.
- Overheating – if you notice the device is very hot, stop using it and check with your manufacturer or retailer. This could suggest a faulty battery that needs replacing.
- Make sure your Hoverboard is powered down at night and anytime you are not using it.
Here is a great video warning you of some of the dangers of Hoverbords from The More You Know: Channel 2 on You Tube.
We also always suggest that you check out the Consumer Product Safety Commission for any questions or safety concerns on products.