Home » Posts tagged 'Fire' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: Fire
With this being national lightening safety week I thought you might want a few tips on how to prepare your business for a weather emergency.
Here are some tips we recommend:
Make sure you have an updated disaster plan:
Much like having an emergency plan for the home to protect your family, your business should also have an updated plan of action in case of an emergency. This includes having a designated employee evacuation plan as well as good two-way communication during and after a disaster. A good tip is to set up a telephone calling tree or call-in voice recording so you can stay in touch with employees during and after the disaster.
Make sure you have proper data storage solutions:
Where is your sensitive business data stored? Does it live on a hard drive or server and is potentially susceptible to wind, water or fire damage during a storm? A solution for keeping your data safe is by storing it in the cloud. Cloud computing has come a long way, and will insure your data is safe from any malicious weather Mother Nature doles out. Another good idea is to have multiple back-ups. If there’s an off chance one data location is damaged, you’ll have another copy elsewhere that can be restored. At the very least, keep all sensitive data and important records in a fire/water-proof storage container.
Make sure you have an proper emergency kit:
Many businesses realize that they should have a readily available emergency kit, but often overlook the survival basics: fresh water, food, clean air and warmth. As a business owner, you should not only prepare an emergency kit for the office, but also encourage each employee to create their own kit customized to meet their individual needs. For example, an employee may be diabetic, so he or she should have an emergency kit with the proper medication. Here are a few items that should be in every emergency kit:
- Weather Radio – preferably one that operates via hand crank
- Extra Batteries
- Water – if possible, one gallon per person per day
- Food – minimum of a three-day supply
- First Aid Kit
- Whistle – great for signaling for help
If you are not sure that your business is properly prepared for a weather emergency talk to your safety coordinator or call American Fire & Security at 877-237-8918.
The Security Girl
Do you have the right type of fire extinguisher for your computer and electronic equipment?
- Halotron Fire Extinguishers are designed for use in computer rooms, telecommunications facilities, clean rooms, data storage areas, offices, boats and vehicles.
- The stored pressure in the Halotron Fire Extinguisher is discharged as a rapidly evaporating liquid which leaves no residue and won’t damage your equipment.
- Halotron Fire Extinguishers are EPA approved Clean Agent HCFC for Class A, B, and C hazards, that has a low GWP (Global Warming Potential), low ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential), and a low atmospheric lifetime.
If you are not sure if you have the proper fire extinguisher call American Fire and Security at 877-237-8918.
The Security Girl