Home » Posts tagged 'Burglar Alarm'
Tag Archives: Burglar Alarm
With Google Home and the new Alarm.com Action, you can ask your AFS Revolution Security System to perform a number of automation commands or check the status of smart home devices.
Simply tell Google to perform any of the following:
- Turn on the living room lights
- Lock the front door
- Turn down the thermostat to 68 degrees
- Arm Stay the security system
- Open the garage door*
- Disarm my system*
You can also ask Google any of the following:
- Are all the doors locked?
- What’s the temperature in the living room?
- Is my security system armed or disarmed?
- Is my garage door closed?
For more information on how to set your system up with Google Home, check out this handy article.
* The user is required to say a 4-digit pin code to disarm the system, unlock the door and open the garage door.
Introducing the NEW Outdoor Wireless 720p IP Camera from American Fire & Security.
Check out the latest wireless outdoor IP night vision camera. Designed specifically to work with the AFS Revolution hosted video service, it provides a professional surveillance solution. HD 720P live and recorded video are available to customers through web-enabled computers, cell phone web browsers and via our free downloadable apps. This camera is great for commercial or residential use!
See what you care about, instantly
See what’s happening at your property in real time, get instant alerts with smart clip capture and never miss a moment with continuous recording. Now it’s easy to check up on the kids, check up on the warehouse, your pets and valuables, and see what’s actually happening in the event of an alarm. American Fire & Security’s Video Monitoring service offers a best-in-class end-to-end video solution. It includes anytime live streaming, smart clip capture with secure cloud storage, instant video alerts and continuous high definition recording.
Live Streaming Video
Watch live feeds from your property right on your phone, tablet or computer. See what’s happening anywhere on your property, at any time.
- Use your Smartphone to view live streaming video while away from your property
- HD quality and great lowlight performance make for crystal clear video
- Remotely move the Pan/Tilt camera via the web, Smartphone or tablet to see different views of a location
- Simultaneously view multiple locations on the same screen, such as your vacation home and primary residence
- See what’s going on both inside and outside your property, all on a single screen
- Integrate existing video cameras with your AFS Revolution security system
Smarter than traditional stand-alone video monitoring, Alarm.com video monitoring is connected with your security system, allowing you to set recording triggers when activity is detected. You can choose to receive video alerts by text or email, and customize them by time, day, camera and motion.
Smart Clip Capture
American Fire & Security’s recorded video features make it easier to stay on top of what’s happened at your property. Our video cameras work around the clock, hand-in-hand with your security system.
We offer the ability to capture 24/7 high definition recording through the Stream Video Recorder (SVR). It enhances the video monitoring service with the addition of a high performance, continuous video recording solution. The new solution captures a 24×7 stream of what’s happening at a property and provides cloud-based streaming and video clip access from anywhere.
- 24/7 Video Recording
- Remotely Viewable
- High Definition Capture
- Bandwidth Optimized
This solution is delivered through a unique services architecture that is bandwidth optimized so you won’t degrade your internet connection, offers high definition capture and playback and can be accessed even when you are away from home.
*Requires an American Fire & Security Alarm.com account.
For more information please contact your AFS representative or give us a call at (937) 262-7937 today!
You can now increase awareness around your home or businesses major access points with an AFS Revolution doorbell sensor. The AFS Revolution doorbell sensor can integrate with other security devices for a smarter integrated solution.
With the AFS Revolution Doorbell Sensor you can:
- Receive notification when the doorbell sensor rings
- Automate lights when the doorbell sensor rings
- Capture video clips when the doorbell sensor rings
For more information or to order a doorbell sensor call (937) 262-7937 or visit our web site today!
It has recently come to our attention via several postings on security boards and blogs that a few alarm companies are trying to “trick” homeowners into thinking that their current alarm company is out of business.
Here’s an example of what’s happening:
You will receive a phone call or possibly an unannounced home visit stating that XYZ alarm company has acquired your current alarm company and will need to reprogram your alarm system.
What you should do if this happens?:
1) If they call, take down the company name and number. Let them know you will call back when you have time to talk. If they stop in for an unannounced visit ask for some information on the company and tell them you will get back with them when you have the time to talk.
2) Contact your current alarm company to find out if this information is true. Normally, you would be notified of a change like this by mail or telephone, not by an unannounced visit or phone call by a representative from another company.
What if I fell for their scam?:
According to Ken Kirschenbaum, Esq:
1) A subscriber fraudulently induced to sign an alarm contract can have it nullified and can get out any time prior to ratification after the fraud is discovered.
2) If you have an existing contract with your alarm company, it can still be enforced.
For more information on this topic give us a call today at (937) 262-7937 or visit our web site!
Wireless Indoor Camera with Night Vision
- Up to 720p resolution HD video
- IR illumination for viewing in low-light conditions
- Configurable Video Motion Detection (VMD)
- PIR motion detection enhancement
- WiFi and Ethernet network connections
- Easy setup using WPS push button configuration
- Access live video and saved clips on Alarm.com or on your mobile device (iOS and Android)*
Limited quantities available
Sale ends Friday February 21st. Orders must be placed by 4pm est.
*Requires an American Fire & Security Alarm.com account to access camera
For more information call (937) 262-7937 or visit our web site today!
The AFS Revolution, powered by Alarm.com, is the only interactive security and home automation platform to fully integrate with LiftMaster® brand garage door openers. Now, you can remotely manage your garage door activity from anywhere in the world!
-Check to see if garage doors are closed
-Remotely open and close garage doors
-Automatically have garage doors close when system is armed
-Receive alerts if garage doors are left open
For more information call (937) 262-7937 or visit our web site today!
Your friends at American Fire & Security / The Security Girl would like to wish you SAFE, happy, healthy and successful 2013! This is also a great time to make a commitment to keep your business & home as as safe as possible by planning ahead.
We would like to offer some safety tips for your business & home so you can start off your 2013 as safe as possible!
TIPS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
1. Create a library of safety tips (seasonal/holiday activities, driving, proper cell phone usage, etc.). Make information available to employees. Post topics on bulletin boards,create flyers, or include as paycheck suffers.
2.If your business has a safe be sure to anchor your safe into ground/walls, etc., and always change the safe combination when a safe combination holding employee leaves.
3. Post police and emergency telephone numbers in a conspicuous location so they will be readily available during an emergency.
TIPS FOR YOUR HOME
1. Create a family escape plan in case of a fire or other emergency. Be sure to practice it regularly.
2. Don’t leave extra keys under doormats, potted plants or any other obvious outdoor location. Place the keys in an outdoor KeySafe, or give a set to a neighbor you can trust.
3. Make sure at least one person in your household is properly trained in First Aid & CPR so they have the knowledge and confidence to to respond in a potentially life threatening situation.
For more information on how to Resolve to be safe in 2013 contact American Fire & Security today at (937) 262-7937 or toll free at (877) 237-8918.
The Security Girl
With winter upon us it is important to remember the dangers of Carbon Monoxide. Per the Journal of the American Medical Association, 1,500 people die and 10,000 people become ill each year because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
For those of you who don’t know Carbon Monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas that is given off during the burning of fossil fuels. In other words, when we burn coal, charcoal, gasoline, natural gas, other fossil fuels, and even wood, we are introducing fossil fuels into the air. Poorly vented fireplaces, stoves, chimneys and vents can all leak CO into the air, as can vehicles left running in an attached garage.
Having a Carbon Monoxide detector in your home is the only way to assure that you and your family are properly protected 24/7 from the colorless and odorless gas that is given off during the burning of fossil fuels. The detector will be able to alert you and your family that the harmful Carbon Monoxide is present in your home.
If you have had your Carbon Monoxide detector for a while and want to be sure that it is still working properly you can use the test button on your CO Detector which will verify that the circuitry is operating correctly, not the accuracy of the sensor. You will also want to be sure to follow the manufacturer guidelines as to when to replace your Carbon Monoxide detector.
If your Carbon Monoxide detector sounds you should do the following:
- Immediately move outside to fresh air.
- Call your emergency services, fire department, or 911.
- After calling 911, do a head count to check that all persons are accounted for. DO NOT reenter the premises until the emergency services responders have given you permission. You could lose consciousness and die if you go in the home.
- If the source of the CO is determined to be a malfunctioning appliance, DO NOT operate that appliance until it has been properly serviced by trained personnel.
If your not sure where the Carbon Monoxide detectors should be placed in your home check with your local building codes or fire departments. Starting January 1, 2013 the state of Ohio will have a new residential building code regarding the placement of Carbon Monoxide.
You can also add Carbon Monoxide detectors to your alarm system so that in the event that the detector goes off the authorities will be notified immediately.
For more information on Carbon Monoxide detectors contact American Fire & Security today at (937) 262-7937 or toll free at (877) 237-8918.
The Security Girl