Home » Technology
Category Archives: Technology
With Google Home and the new Alarm.com Action, you can ask your AFS Revolution Security System to perform a number of automation commands or check the status of smart home devices.
Simply tell Google to perform any of the following:
- Turn on the living room lights
- Lock the front door
- Turn down the thermostat to 68 degrees
- Arm Stay the security system
- Open the garage door*
- Disarm my system*
You can also ask Google any of the following:
- Are all the doors locked?
- What’s the temperature in the living room?
- Is my security system armed or disarmed?
- Is my garage door closed?
For more information on how to set your system up with Google Home, check out this handy article.
* The user is required to say a 4-digit pin code to disarm the system, unlock the door and open the garage door.
One of the biggest Christmas gifts this season could also be one of the most dangerous. It’s the coveted Hoverboard. While it’s cool to be cruising around town in style it’s not cool to have your Hoverboard catch fire while using it. If you insist on getting a Hoverboard this holiday season there are a few things you should know:
- Please take the time to look at and research the product you buy. If it is compliant with federal standards, inspections, and certifications, it will have a mark on it or indicate such on its packaging, on the device itself, or on its charging equipment. Devices not bearing a mark indicating compliance likely have not been tested to meet minimum safety standards.
- After you have use your Hoverboard please give the device time to cool off prior to charging.
- When charging the battery please make sure you follow the manufacturers instructions.
- When riding your Hoverboard please wear safety gear.
- If the Hoverboard seems to be acting “funny” while you are riding it please turn it off right away.
- Overheating – if you notice the device is very hot, stop using it and check with your manufacturer or retailer. This could suggest a faulty battery that needs replacing.
- Make sure your Hoverboard is powered down at night and anytime you are not using it.
Here is a great video warning you of some of the dangers of Hoverbords from The More You Know: Channel 2 on You Tube.
We also always suggest that you check out the Consumer Product Safety Commission for any questions or safety concerns on products.
Soon these life saving drones could be available in every city in the United States.
What a great use of the drone technology TU Delft!