Home » Restaurants
Category Archives: Restaurants
It is not very well known, but fire extinguishers that have the potential to be exposed to damage from environmental conditions are required to be installed with protective covers. Not only is it common sense, there is a provision in NFPA 10, Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers that mandates them.
Per NFPA 22.214.171.124 Fire extinguishers installed under conditions where they are subject to physical damage (e.g., from impact, vibration, the environment) shall be protected against damage.
(NFPA 10, 2013 Edition)
Almost every extinguisher that is outdoors needs an extinguisher cover to protect it from the elements. This includes extinguishers hung on the outsides of buildings, extinguishers at fueling racks, and extinguishers mounted on the outside of vehicles, such as fuel and trash trucks. Other applications include wheeled extinguishers that are outside at industrial facilities. American Fire & Security not only offers extinguisher covers for wheeled units, but we also have extinguisher covers for most hand extinguishers, including cartridge operated extinguishers that are frequently employed for vehicles and installed in industrial plants.
Our technicians will take a close look at extinguisher covers during annual maintenance of extinguishers. When you remove the extinguisher cover, examine the condition of the material, the hook and loop closure or elastic-back, and the window, where provided. Some extinguisher covers also have pull bottom tabs and straps that must be examined for wear. If any of these items are appear significantly worn or damaged, it is time for a new extinguisher cover.
If you have any questions about if your facility should have fire extinguisher covers please feel free to reach out to me at (937) 262-7937 or info@AFS911.com
Once you have decided to install a hidden camera at your home, business or warehouse, it’s important to choose one with the right features and capabilities for your specific application.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Be sure to choose a hidden camera that blends well into your environment
- Consider where you are going to be having the camera installed. Be sure to choose a concealment that won’t attract suspicion.
- Be sure to capture the level of detail you are looking for
- In order to produce detailed video that provides facial identification, you need a hidden camera that produces high-resolution images.
- Are you going to place the hidden camera outside? If so be sure that your camera has outdoor day/night capabilities.
- Be sure to select the right video recording solution
- If you want to record video with your hidden camera, there are several options:
- Connect your hidden camera to a compatible security system DVR for recording video
- You can have a separate DVR or micro DVR that is compatible with the hidden camera
- You can have a hidden camera with a built-in DVR
- If you want to record video with your hidden camera, there are several options:
Some of our most popular hidden cameras are:
- Smoke Detectors
- Pencil Sharpeners
- Motion Detectors
- Ceiling Speakers
- Alarm Clocks
Introducing the NEW Outdoor Wireless 720p IP Camera from American Fire & Security.
Check out the latest wireless outdoor IP night vision camera. Designed specifically to work with the AFS Revolution hosted video service, it provides a professional surveillance solution. HD 720P live and recorded video are available to customers through web-enabled computers, cell phone web browsers and via our free downloadable apps. This camera is great for commercial or residential use!
See what you care about, instantly
See what’s happening at your property in real time, get instant alerts with smart clip capture and never miss a moment with continuous recording. Now it’s easy to check up on the kids, check up on the warehouse, your pets and valuables, and see what’s actually happening in the event of an alarm. American Fire & Security’s Video Monitoring service offers a best-in-class end-to-end video solution. It includes anytime live streaming, smart clip capture with secure cloud storage, instant video alerts and continuous high definition recording.
Live Streaming Video
Watch live feeds from your property right on your phone, tablet or computer. See what’s happening anywhere on your property, at any time.
- Use your Smartphone to view live streaming video while away from your property
- HD quality and great lowlight performance make for crystal clear video
- Remotely move the Pan/Tilt camera via the web, Smartphone or tablet to see different views of a location
- Simultaneously view multiple locations on the same screen, such as your vacation home and primary residence
- See what’s going on both inside and outside your property, all on a single screen
- Integrate existing video cameras with your AFS Revolution security system
Smarter than traditional stand-alone video monitoring, Alarm.com video monitoring is connected with your security system, allowing you to set recording triggers when activity is detected. You can choose to receive video alerts by text or email, and customize them by time, day, camera and motion.
Smart Clip Capture
American Fire & Security’s recorded video features make it easier to stay on top of what’s happened at your property. Our video cameras work around the clock, hand-in-hand with your security system.
We offer the ability to capture 24/7 high definition recording through the Stream Video Recorder (SVR). It enhances the video monitoring service with the addition of a high performance, continuous video recording solution. The new solution captures a 24×7 stream of what’s happening at a property and provides cloud-based streaming and video clip access from anywhere.
- 24/7 Video Recording
- Remotely Viewable
- High Definition Capture
- Bandwidth Optimized
This solution is delivered through a unique services architecture that is bandwidth optimized so you won’t degrade your internet connection, offers high definition capture and playback and can be accessed even when you are away from home.
*Requires an American Fire & Security Alarm.com account.
For more information please contact your AFS representative or give us a call at (937) 262-7937 today!
American Fire & Security is proud to introduce one of our new IP camera system packages.
Our new 4-Camera 1.3 Megapixel Outdoor Security System offers the following features:
- (4) Outdoor 1.3 megapixel bullet cameras deliver sharp, detailed images
- Cameras feature an integrated Smart IR that provides a 65′ IR range
- NVR includes VGA and HDMI video outputs
- Supports H.264 video streams to save hard drive storage space
- 1TB security-grade hard drive
- NVR offers multiple recording modes (continuous, motion detection, event and schedule)
- Recording features: event search, event log, and email event notification
- Free iOS/Android app for remote viewing of live and recorded video
For more information or to order call (937) 262-7937 or visit our web site today!
Functioning Exit Signs and Emergency Lights are vital parts of any building’s safety program. These life-saving pieces of equipment ensure that occupants are able to safely locate points of egress in case of power failure.
Similar to extinguishers, there are fire and life safety codes governing the inspection and maintenance of exit signs and emergency lights.
Many jurisdictions require that emergency lighting systems:
• Are functionally tested monthly for not less than 30 seconds
• Are functionally tested annually for not less than 90 minutes
• Are fully operational for the duration of tests
• Have written records of visual inspections and tests
• Monthly tests and inspections
• Annual tests and inspections
• Written records of inspection
Our technicians are trained to inspect, test, and maintain all of the exit sign and emergency lights in your facility. They can also provide you with the written records you need.
We also carry:
• Replacement Bulbs
• Replacement Batteries
• Other Replacement Parts
• New Exit Signs and Emergency Lights
Ask us for an Exit Sign and Emergency Light Consultation Today!
Microsoft has announced that effective April 8, 2014 they will no longer provide technical assistance for Windows XP. This includes automatic updates that help protect your PC. They will also stop providing Microsoft Security Essentials for download on Windows XP on this date.
If you have a CCTV System, Access Control System, CRM, Credit Card Processing or a POS system that is being powered by Windows XP it may become more vulnerable to security risks, viruses, and hacking as Microsoft will no longer provide security patches for the Windows XP platform.
NFPA 96, Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, was recently updated.
The newly released 2014 edition has a requirement that impacts old dry chemical systems. Effective January 1, 2014, all automatic fire extinguishing systems for the protection of commercial cooking equipment are required to meet ANSI/UL 300, Standard for Fire Testing of Fire Extinguishing Systems for the Protection of Commercial Cooking Equipment (2005, revised 2010), or an equivalent standard. This means that existing pre-engineered dry chemical systems protecting this hazard will need to be removed and replaced.
Pre-engineered wet chemical fire suppression systems that are listed to UL 300 are the most common means for protecting commercial cooking equipment, because they are effective, reliable, and economical. They are also the only pre-engineered systems that meet the stringent listing criteria of this Underwriters Laboratories fire test standard. For these reasons, any restaurant looking to replace an existing dry chemical system will most likely request the installation of a UL 300 wet chemical system.
The reference for this deadline is NFPA 96, 2014 edition, paragraph 10.2.3.2. NFPA issued the updated standard on August 1, 2013, with an effective date of August 21, 2013.
For more information call (937) 262-7937 or visit our web site today!