With Google Home and the new Alarm.com Action, you can ask your AFS Revolution Security System to perform a number of automation commands or check the status of smart home devices.
Simply tell Google to perform any of the following:
- Turn on the living room lights
- Lock the front door
- Turn down the thermostat to 68 degrees
- Arm Stay the security system
- Open the garage door*
- Disarm my system*
You can also ask Google any of the following:
- Are all the doors locked?
- What’s the temperature in the living room?
- Is my security system armed or disarmed?
- Is my garage door closed?
For more information on how to set your system up with Google Home, check out this handy article.
* The user is required to say a 4-digit pin code to disarm the system, unlock the door and open the garage door.
It is not very well known, but fire extinguishers that have the potential to be exposed to damage from environmental conditions are required to be installed with protective covers. Not only is it common sense, there is a provision in NFPA 10, Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers that mandates them.
Per NFPA 22.214.171.124 Fire extinguishers installed under conditions where they are subject to physical damage (e.g., from impact, vibration, the environment) shall be protected against damage.
(NFPA 10, 2013 Edition)
Almost every extinguisher that is outdoors needs an extinguisher cover to protect it from the elements. This includes extinguishers hung on the outsides of buildings, extinguishers at fueling racks, and extinguishers mounted on the outside of vehicles, such as fuel and trash trucks. Other applications include wheeled extinguishers that are outside at industrial facilities. American Fire & Security not only offers extinguisher covers for wheeled units, but we also have extinguisher covers for most hand extinguishers, including cartridge operated extinguishers that are frequently employed for vehicles and installed in industrial plants.
Our technicians will take a close look at extinguisher covers during annual maintenance of extinguishers. When you remove the extinguisher cover, examine the condition of the material, the hook and loop closure or elastic-back, and the window, where provided. Some extinguisher covers also have pull bottom tabs and straps that must be examined for wear. If any of these items are appear significantly worn or damaged, it is time for a new extinguisher cover.
If you have any questions about if your facility should have fire extinguisher covers please feel free to reach out to me at (937) 262-7937 or info@AFS911.com
One of the biggest Christmas gifts this season could also be one of the most dangerous. It’s the coveted Hoverboard. While it’s cool to be cruising around town in style it’s not cool to have your Hoverboard catch fire while using it. If you insist on getting a Hoverboard this holiday season there are a few things you should know:
- Please take the time to look at and research the product you buy. If it is compliant with federal standards, inspections, and certifications, it will have a mark on it or indicate such on its packaging, on the device itself, or on its charging equipment. Devices not bearing a mark indicating compliance likely have not been tested to meet minimum safety standards.
- After you have use your Hoverboard please give the device time to cool off prior to charging.
- When charging the battery please make sure you follow the manufacturers instructions.
- When riding your Hoverboard please wear safety gear.
- If the Hoverboard seems to be acting “funny” while you are riding it please turn it off right away.
- Overheating – if you notice the device is very hot, stop using it and check with your manufacturer or retailer. This could suggest a faulty battery that needs replacing.
- Make sure your Hoverboard is powered down at night and anytime you are not using it.
Here is a great video warning you of some of the dangers of Hoverbords from The More You Know: Channel 2 on You Tube.
We also always suggest that you check out the Consumer Product Safety Commission for any questions or safety concerns on products.
For those of you that may not know the Huber Heights Firefighters Local 2926, is currently recognized as the nation’s #1 breast cancer awareness fire department for funds raised throughout October. The guys and gals at the HHFD work tirelessly to ensure the fundraising efforts for the Pink Ribbon Girls increase year after year. This year they have set the goal of getting on the Ellen Show and they need your help to do it! Please watch, like and share the video below to get Ellen’s attention and to support the HHFD Local 2926 Go Pink or Go Home efforts!
To learn more about the efforts and mission of the HHFD Local 2926 Go Pink or Go Home campaign please check out http://pinkribbonfirefighters.org and to learn more about how the Pink Ribbon girls assist those affected by Breast Cancer check out http://pinkribbongirls.org/
Soon these life saving drones could be available in every city in the United States.
What a great use of the drone technology TU Delft!
Once you have decided to install a hidden camera at your home, business or warehouse, it’s important to choose one with the right features and capabilities for your specific application.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Be sure to choose a hidden camera that blends well into your environment
- Consider where you are going to be having the camera installed. Be sure to choose a concealment that won’t attract suspicion.
- Be sure to capture the level of detail you are looking for
- In order to produce detailed video that provides facial identification, you need a hidden camera that produces high-resolution images.
- Are you going to place the hidden camera outside? If so be sure that your camera has outdoor day/night capabilities.
- Be sure to select the right video recording solution
- If you want to record video with your hidden camera, there are several options:
- Connect your hidden camera to a compatible security system DVR for recording video
- You can have a separate DVR or micro DVR that is compatible with the hidden camera
- You can have a hidden camera with a built-in DVR
- If you want to record video with your hidden camera, there are several options:
Some of our most popular hidden cameras are:
- Smoke Detectors
- Pencil Sharpeners
- Motion Detectors
- Ceiling Speakers
- Alarm Clocks
Introducing the NEW Outdoor Wireless 720p IP Camera from American Fire & Security.
Check out the latest wireless outdoor IP night vision camera. Designed specifically to work with the AFS Revolution hosted video service, it provides a professional surveillance solution. HD 720P live and recorded video are available to customers through web-enabled computers, cell phone web browsers and via our free downloadable apps. This camera is great for commercial or residential use!
See what you care about, instantly
See what’s happening at your property in real time, get instant alerts with smart clip capture and never miss a moment with continuous recording. Now it’s easy to check up on the kids, check up on the warehouse, your pets and valuables, and see what’s actually happening in the event of an alarm. American Fire & Security’s Video Monitoring service offers a best-in-class end-to-end video solution. It includes anytime live streaming, smart clip capture with secure cloud storage, instant video alerts and continuous high definition recording.
Live Streaming Video
Watch live feeds from your property right on your phone, tablet or computer. See what’s happening anywhere on your property, at any time.
- Use your Smartphone to view live streaming video while away from your property
- HD quality and great lowlight performance make for crystal clear video
- Remotely move the Pan/Tilt camera via the web, Smartphone or tablet to see different views of a location
- Simultaneously view multiple locations on the same screen, such as your vacation home and primary residence
- See what’s going on both inside and outside your property, all on a single screen
- Integrate existing video cameras with your AFS Revolution security system
Smarter than traditional stand-alone video monitoring, Alarm.com video monitoring is connected with your security system, allowing you to set recording triggers when activity is detected. You can choose to receive video alerts by text or email, and customize them by time, day, camera and motion.
Smart Clip Capture
American Fire & Security’s recorded video features make it easier to stay on top of what’s happened at your property. Our video cameras work around the clock, hand-in-hand with your security system.
We offer the ability to capture 24/7 high definition recording through the Stream Video Recorder (SVR). It enhances the video monitoring service with the addition of a high performance, continuous video recording solution. The new solution captures a 24×7 stream of what’s happening at a property and provides cloud-based streaming and video clip access from anywhere.
- 24/7 Video Recording
- Remotely Viewable
- High Definition Capture
- Bandwidth Optimized
This solution is delivered through a unique services architecture that is bandwidth optimized so you won’t degrade your internet connection, offers high definition capture and playback and can be accessed even when you are away from home.
*Requires an American Fire & Security Alarm.com account.
For more information please contact your AFS representative or give us a call at (937) 262-7937 today!